Strategic National Stockpile
SNS Closed Dispensing Site Program
The North Central Health District is inviting businesses, organizations, and agencies to enroll in the SNS Closed Dispensing Site Program. This is one of the strategies that will be used to quickly distribute medications to people during a public health emergency. A “closed dispensing site” serves a defined group of people—usually the employees, employee family members, and patients or students or inmates of the organization or business. A closed dispensing site is not open to the public.
The Closed Dispensing Site Program is a “Win-Win” situation for your agency or business and for public health. Enrolling your agency or business as a closed dispensing site ensures that your employees and employee family members are protected by having access to the needed medication. This ensures that your employees will be able to continue working or return to work quickly. Your employees will not have to take time off work and report to a public dispensing site.
Closed Dispensing Sites will relieve some of the pressure on the public dispensing sites by reaching specific portions of the community. As a result, long lines and public anxiety can be reduced and resources can be used more efficiently.
In order to participate in the Closed Dispensing Site Program, your agency or business will need to:
- Complete a Closed Dispensing Site Program Enrollment Form.
- Have personnel available who can legally dispense medication in the state of Georgia. The medical personnel also will ensure that the proper health, safety, and privacy measures are being observed.
- Be willing to dispense medication to your employees, employee family members, and patients / students / inmates.
- Be willing to share contact information and estimated numbers with public health in advance.
- Have a plan and an identified location for the closed dispensing site
If you have any questions or want additional information about the Closed Dispensing Site Program, please contact:
Office of Emergency Preparedness
North Central Health District
201 Second Street, Suite 1100
Macon, GA 31201
Click here to email