Welcome to North Central Health District
Welcome to the North Central Health District! We exist to monitor and protect the health & well-being of the residents of our 13-county health district. These counties include: Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Hancock, Houston, Jasper, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Putnam, Twiggs, Washington, & Wilkinson.
Our district office has moved!
Our new address is:
North Central Health District
201 Second Street, Suite 1100
Macon, GA 31201
Phone numbers, fax lines, and email addresses have not changed.
For more information about the Georgia Department of Public Health, visit their website.
If you are interested in applying for a position with the North Central Health District, you must apply online at www.careers.ga.gov. All postings are listed on this website. Please visit our Careers page here to see what job openings are available at this time.
Your future is important. Plan first.
The choices you make now can affect your future.
- Dog Tests Positive for Rabies in Houston - The Houston County Health Department is urging residents to take precautions after a stray dog found in the Shamrock Circle neighborhood (off of Dunbar Road) recently tested positive for...
- NCHD March Newsletter - here to read the March 2013 North Central Health District Newsletter: Healthy Horizons. ...
- National Nutrition Month - One size does not fit all when it comes to eating healthy. Because of our unique qualities, lifestyles, food preferences, and body compositions, we require individualized dietary needs. ...
- Flood Health Risks - Don't forget that there are health concerns and risks associated with flood waters. Read below for more information on the health risks for flood waters or standing waters. Floodwaters may...
- Babies Can't Wait Seeks Comments - The Babies Can't Wait (BCW) Program http://health.state.ga.us/programs/bcw/ is Georgia's statewide early intervention system for infants and toddlers with special needs and their...